Create a WordPress Amazon Affiliate Website and make money as an Amazon Associate
What is Affiliate Marketing? Many of you may have heard the term before but what exactly is affiliate marketing and how do you make money from it? To put it simply, affiliate marketing is the process of earning a commission by promoting someone else’s products. For example, if you promote a link to purchase another company’s product through your website, and someone purchases the item through that link, you get a percentage of the sale. Pretty simple, right? The best part is that anyone can do it! Now, we will go over how you can create an Amazon affiliate website using WordPress and Woocommerce.
Now, we will go over how you can create an Amazon affiliate website using WordPress and Woocommerce.
1. Get an Affiliate Amazon Account You will have to make an Amazon affiliate account known as Amazon Associates here: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/ If you already have an Amazon account then you will be able to sign in, otherwise you will have to make an Amazon account. After you complete the signup process, Amazon will then review and approve your Amazon Associates account.
2. Install WooCommerce/FREE External Product New Tab Plugin/Optionial Ultra Theme $49 or $89 for all 42 Themes. We are now going to install WooCommerce, which is an eCommerce plugin that allows you to create and manage an online store. From your WordPress Dashboard, go to Plugins – Add New and search for “WooCommerce”. Then install and activate the plugin.
Next, to open the affiliate links in a new tab when leaving your site install this free plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-improved-external-products/ Optional: Any WooCommerce Theme Will Work – Install & Activate Ultra theme and required Theme plugins. This Niche we are going to use is fitness however, any Niche will work.
To walk along step-by-step watch the video below which is a great FREE tutorial. Also, make sure to check out the links below in order to create a site like the video tutorial below.
If you purchased the Themify Master Club you get all 42 themes and 24+ plugins and you’ll need to install the following plugins included with the Themify Master Annual Plan for $89 to use the Fitness Skin.
- Builder Contact
- Builder Pricing Table
- Builder Maps Pro
- Builder Image Pro
- Builder Woo Commerce
- Themify Portfolio Posts
Nice work! We have just installed WooCommerce and signed up for the Amazon Associates program.
3. Get the Amazon Affiliate Link for a Product To retrieve the Amazon affiliate link for a product, you will have to login to your Amazon Associates account dashboard. Next, search for a product that you would like to promote. This should depend on the niche of your blog/website, so you will want to carefully select products that are related to the purpose of your site. When you have found a product that you want to use, click Get Link and paste it to your product page in WordPress.
4. Add the New Product with the Amazon Affiliate Link Now, we are going to create a new product in WooCommerce and assign the Amazon Affiliate link that we have just copied. Go to the WordPress Admin Panel – Products – Add New. This will open a new product page where we can edit the product information. Great work so far. We are now going to populate our product with the product’s information:
* Add the product’s title * Add a description of the product, you can use the description from the product’s Amazon page * Add the Categories and Tags
After entering the product information, we want to edit the Product Data section. * Select the option External/Affiliate Product from the dropdown menu * Insert the product affiliate link from Amazon * Upload an image of the product * This is optional but you can add a gallery for the product The Add To Cart button will now link to the product page on Amazon and it can be purchased there. The Add To Cart button title can be changed to something more suitable such as “Purchase Now”. Please be aware that, you need to leave the “Price” field blank. This will allow users to check the current price on Amazon. Amazon’s affiliate program policies don’t allow you to manually add the price. Once you have completely filled out the product information, you can publish the changes.
Now, you only need to add more products to the shop!